Severe Weather Damage Scenarios
Severe storms can be dangerous, and safety has to be your first priority. If your neighborhood has seen a lot of damage, be careful. If you the risk of flooding or structural damage, stay out until a professional says it’s safe. Spending a few nights elsewhere is a small price to pay.
After you make it through the storm safely, restoration and repair should be next on your list. Read the information below about how various storm systems can cause specific problems.
The most severe damage from many storms is covered under home and business insurance policies, but the ins and outs are different. What you must pay depends on your premiums and deductibles, the structure, the amount of damage, the value of surrounding property and much more.
Most storms are considered acts of God, which means that your insurance company can’t single you out. But failing to file claims in a timely manner can cause problems, and your whole neighborhood can see rate increases following disasters. Always always file claims immediately.
Dangerous storm damage, lead to mold growth and more.
- Flood Damage: Water from floods can ruin foundations, ruin framing and finish work, lead to mold growth and more.
- Tornado and Tropical Storm Damage: Circular wind storms can wreak havoc on your home or business, such as catastrophic damage to siding, roofs, landscaping and more.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, lead to broken windows, destroy trees and landscaping and power grids and cause other problems.
- Hail Storm Damage: Major hail storms can cause shingle and siding damage, and that can mean roof leaks and compounding damage.
- Winter Storm Damage: This can cause roofs to fail, break branches and power poles, and much more.
Find an Experienced Storm Repair Team
Danger is high after a storm, and hiring a professional contractor can help you get the problem solved quickly and correctly. Contact us today.